How to Update Magellan GPS?
This guide will provide you comprehensive procedures on how to updates your Magellan GPS device via Content Manager, SmartGPSEco, and Wifi.
Magellan GPS Update by Launching Content Manager
- Access the pre-installed Content Manager application on your computer. When the main interface of the app is displayed, you have to access your Magellan account using true and valid account information.
- Now, link your Magellan GPS to the computer by properly inserting the USB cable into the assigned USB ports. With this, your Magellan GPS updates will be powered on automatically. If the GPS device fails to turn on, you are requested to do it manually.
- When the connection is formed effectively between your computer and device, all your GPS details will be visible on your computer screen. Drag the cursor to the bottom-right of the page and click on Check For Updates tab. An extended list of all the latest map updates and supported software updates will come into view.
- Enable the checkboxes given beside your favorable update and then promptly hit the Update Button. You will immediately be redirected to the maps page. Here you have to select your particular product family and model number. When the details are accurately entered, click Submit.
- An expanded list of Map Upgrades will be displayed, click on Add to Cart. Confirm the map version and its price that you are going to install and then click on the Proceed to Checkout button.
- Now, add your Billing Address, and to make payment for the maps, select an eligible payment method Then, input all the payment details without making any mistake and then click on the Continue button.
- A new window pop-up. Here you can apply a coupon code if you have any, acknowledge the License terms, and then click on the Submit Order button. When the payment processing is completed, the Order Confirmation window will quickly be presented on your screen.
- Now, go back to the main page of the Content Manager and select the Additional Content section. Activate the checkbox of your purchased map update and then click on the Sync icon. In the following pop-up box, click OK and the Update Processing will start right away. Stay on the same window and do not move from one screen to another till the update is completed.
Map Updates via SmartGPS Eco
- Access a secured web browser that should be fast and quick for launching a web page.
- Now, move ahead to smartgpseco.com and you will discover the Sign In page on your screen. If you are already registered with Magellan and your account is working, use the exact email address and password for login.
- Establish a connection between your computer and the Magellan device. Once connected, instantly click on the Update tab.
- Select the device that is viewed on your computer screen. By doing so, all the available and current updates will instantaneously be presented on your screen.
- Make a selection for your favorable map updates to commence the installation.
Simple Process for Magellan GPS Updates via Wifi
- The foremost step is to connect your specific Magellan Device to Wifi. Wifi speed must be good enough to install the map updates.
- Sign in by using your authenticated Magellan account credentials. On the next GPS device screen, tap on the gear/Settings icon.
- If a new update is available, it will give you a prompt notification. Click on the Updates tab.
- Latest Software and Map updates that can be accessible will appear on your screen. Select the Update tab given beside Software/Map Update.
- The Magellan GPS map installation processing will begin.